Monday, August 08, 2005

"“Yipee-ki-yea, mother-fucker"

Yeah, Bruce Willis said it first. BUT. It took a screenwriter to write the words so ol' Brucie baby would know what his character says. So, this post is for all of you who look askance at an aspiring screenwriter, those who say things like "Are ya SURE ya can do something like that?" Or.. "Seems like a buncha work to me." Or, the ever popular "Really? I didn't know you could write." Well, you know what? I can. I can write just fine, fuck you very much. And, I have independent corroboration of that. Just got it in my email today. See, I sent out a short script, as a writing sample, it took what felt like an eternity for the producer dude to read. BUT. It was worth the wait, cause I got the sweetest email from him today. It said, in part, "I liked your script- good pacing, good feel for characters, genuine feeling dialogue." and "I liked what you do."

Music to a screenwriter's ears. Manna from heaven for a writer's starving soul.

So...as a reminder to all those chasing down their own dreams... never stop working to make your dreams come true, and when you get the bogus "support" just mumble under your breath. "Yipee-ki-yea, mother-fucker"”

Tha goes to ALL you half hearted "supporters" out there.

6 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Phil said...

Hey, how the hell do you think I got to be where I am? Where the hell am I anyway? Where ever I am, I had to deal with a lot of naysaying bullshit. Remember, what people say tends to reveal more about themselves, than about you. People tend to radiate out a reflection of their own inner landscape. It has nothing to do with yours. The naysayers don't believe in themselves, so of course you fall into the group. Remember they're a group of one. And you are on your own course, charted by your own soul.

 
At 12:12 AM, August 10, 2005, Blogger Grubber said...

Well done writer gurl!!!!

Congratulations, inspiring to all us hacks!
cheers
Dave.

 
At 3:44 PM, August 10, 2005, Blogger writergurl said...

Phil... perserverance and hard work? Yes, I know that people project thier inner life, but you know it still is disheartening to get the "support" of your friends and family when it's really no support at all.

Grubber, thanks! Please don't call yourself a hack. That isn't good to put out into the universe ya know. You're a writer!

 
At 3:57 PM, August 10, 2005, Blogger JimMiller said...

Hey writergurl, congrats on the great feedback! That's gotta feel good.

 
At 6:06 PM, August 11, 2005, Blogger Grubber said...

LOL, once I finish a script to my satisfaction I will move myself up to aspiring ;-)
cheers
Dave.

 
At 7:44 PM, August 11, 2005, Blogger writergurl said...

AW, my thanks for your "congrats"!

JDC, well I'm hoping for less than 10.. but if that's what it takes, so be it.

Grubber, those who think they can and those who think they can't, are BOTH right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home