Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Oy...

I have a conference call scheduled for tomorrow with the director and producer who have read (and liked) my writing sample.

Frankly, I have no idea what the next step is. (Beyond talk to them... duh.) All I know is that the film MUST be about Islam. I think it must be something that shows the Islamic faith in a positive light, so no terrorists and Mecca bashing. (Not that I would want to write that kinda stuff in the first place.) I don't have any problem with writing a positive movie about the Islamic faith as I don't subscribe to the notion that all Muslims are terrorists or even bad people. Different than me, yes. But, not automatically bad. Besides, I'm an agnostic so I'm not married to any particular faith. I have been inside a Mormon temple, the Sistine chapel, and my ex's embrace. God was in all those places. I'm pretty sure he's inside a mosque too.

So, the call is set for tomorrow evening, I'll let ya know what the guys have to say. If it goes no further than this, at least I got this far. PLUS (and this is a biggie) I got validation that my work is good. Good enough that complete and total strangers, who don't know me from Adam, (and don't get anything by giving my ego a stroking) like what I do. Heady stuff. That alone is something that many, many writers never get. So, even if the whole thing goes tits up, I'm still thrilled to be talking to these guys.

Keep your fingers crossed... I'm going in.

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, October 19, 2005, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

Good luck. Let us know the details after :-)

 
At 3:02 PM, October 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you hit it big, or what? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home