Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My mother, the nut job...

Ok so maybe I should be more sympathetic towards the woman, after all, she's 75, blind in one eye and speaks broken English. (Even though she's been married to my Dad for 54 years.) Sometimes, though, you just gotta call it like ya see it.

She is nuts.

Lemme explain...

Tonight I told her that I had made up my mind to move to LA and pursue a, not quite mid-life, career change and take a shot at becoming a screenwriter. Here's the conversation...

Mom: What? A scream writer?
Me: No, Mother, a screenwriter. They write movies.
Mom: So, you're going to be a writer?
Me: Yes.
Mom: Well, you got it from me.

Now, that doesn't sound too wacky does it? After all, writing is an inherited trait/talent. Right?

The thing is... I'm adopted.

4 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, October 04, 2005, Blogger Scott the Reader said...

Maybe she's taking credit for all the Sylvia Plath she read to you when you were 3.

 
At 10:50 PM, October 04, 2005, Blogger writergurl said...

Your gess is as good as mine.

But, my mother wouldn't know Plath if Sylvia were to rise from her watery grave and bite Mom in the ass.

 
At 1:20 AM, October 05, 2005, Blogger Grubber said...

LMAO, I have an adopted brother, and I think that is something MY mother would say.

 
At 3:03 PM, October 07, 2005, Blogger Unsigned said...

She sounds like a whack job, but then again- who's mother doesn't?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home