Monday, December 12, 2005

Ok, I'll play your silly game...

So, Red Right Hand and FunJoel have thrown down the guantlet, showing us a page of their writing, and challenging other bloggers to do the same.

Below... my answer to that challenge.(Thanks to Chris, of The Big Woo, for his advice on how to do this!)

It's my submission for the Writer's Arc short screenplay section. As Shawna and Chris both stated, they gave us 4 elements of a screenplay (2 character names Chris Marquez and Sandy Fletcher), one location (station) and one prop (board). Everything is designed to facilitate one's own flight of fancy in regards to these four elements and now, without further ado (or without further doo-doo... you pick) my entry: Strangers in the night

10 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, December 14, 2005, Blogger Shawna said...

Nice work! I like the story.

 
At 2:06 AM, December 14, 2005, Blogger Grubber said...

Ditto WG, very nice, and timely.
cheers
Dave.

 
At 2:24 AM, December 14, 2005, Blogger writergurl said...

Aw. Thanks.

 
At 4:21 AM, December 14, 2005, Blogger Chris said...

Nicey nice. Good to see someone used the bus station! Learn to love Courier New though. As a lawyer who was trained to love Times New Roman (and whose former boss loved Courier New nonetheless), it's been a struggle for me. If I can do it, anyone can.

 
At 10:07 AM, December 14, 2005, Blogger writergurl said...

It's FD's version of Courier. I'm not changing it.

 
At 7:12 PM, December 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the way each page flows gracefully into the next. You make it seem so easy. I know it's not. Impressive.

 
At 12:14 AM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

This was really nice. Good work!

 
At 4:01 AM, December 15, 2005, Blogger writergurl said...

Thanks, guys!

Eddie... dude, you impress easily! ;)

 
At 3:38 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger writergurl said...

LOL, writebrother, wanna proof everything else I have? I gave this to 3 people to read before submitting it, read it myself a couple of times, the people who commented above read it, and YOU'RE the only one to notice that typo. Sharp eye. Thanks!

 
At 1:46 PM, December 16, 2005, Blogger Fun Joel said...

Nice work! And btw, I can't take credit for the challenge -- I just passed it along. It's all Red Right Hand.

Also btw, I'm really glad you made both characters men -- I saw the names, and noticed how they were kinda ambiguous, but nearly everyone's script I read made Chris a male and Sandy a female. Nice to see a different take there (and the use of "board" in two different contexts).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home