Saturday, January 28, 2006

Wow. I'm being filmed...

Backstory: Early last year, I was contacted by a director from Triggerstreet and asked to write a short for him. I did. I sent it to him, he liked it, had a few notes, we went back and forth a little, I made a few changes and then gave him a one year license to produce ONE film. (It expires on April 1 of this year.) Things progressed, emails were flowing back and forth, he was really happy with the script, I was welcome on set, he was busy working away, he was getting the DP he wanted, he was auditioning actors.... then, the bottom fell out, silence on his end. When I wrote him a friendly "how's it going" email, he replied with he was having difficulty find actors, etc...

Frankly, I figured that the ball had been dropped. Totally. So, I forgot about it.

Imagine my surprise when I got an email today, with links to stills and rough footage.

Check it out here: stills

and here: footage

14 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, January 28, 2006, Blogger Christina said...

That's so cool! I couldn't see the mov file because my quicktime installation says it's missing files, but I heard the audio.

I bet you can't wait for the full rough cut.

 
At 2:17 PM, January 28, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

Arrgh! I can't see it either! Wah!

Guess I'll just have to wiat for the dvd copy of it. :(

 
At 2:51 PM, January 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who knows, if only our fingers had been crossed all this time... good luck with the relocation, writergurl.

 
At 3:03 PM, January 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it requires quicktime 7, so make sure you've updated. quicktime 7. i had no problems watching it in firefox...

you can download the .mov directly from the link below. easier to play that way - assuming you have quicktime 7:

payoff beginning

 
At 7:16 PM, January 28, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

Thanks guys!

 
At 9:38 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Grubber said...

Congratulations WG, what a great surprise!!!!

cheers
Dave.

 
At 8:07 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Alicia said...

How cool is that? "The only way is up, baby!" (aka Harvest Home) :)

 
At 11:14 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

Dave, thanks for the contining support. Your wife's a lucky woman!

Alicia! Grrrl, I can only go "up" cause I'm still on the bottom! But, I appreciate the sentiment as well as the support! Btw, "Alica" is much prettier than "Harvest Home". Me likey!

 
At 12:53 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Adam Renfro said...

TOO AWESOME!! I love it!

 
At 1:00 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

Thanks, Slack! I just wish I could SEE it!

 
At 6:35 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger taZ said...

I hate when my computer gets full of unnecessary programs, so I try to use smaller alternates. Here's the QuickTime alternative:

"Quicktime Alternative"

 
At 11:11 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Grubber said...

She is lucky, but don't worry I tell her that when I've got her mowing the lawn :)

Besides you are fun to chat to. :)

 
At 12:59 AM, February 02, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

Thanks Taz, I'll give it a try!

Dave. you bad boy, you know YOU mow the lawn, no use lying! ;)

 
At 9:45 PM, February 02, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

WoHOO! I finally got to watch it (over at a friend's house).

Not entirely what I saw in my head while writing it but I guess that's ALWAYS gonna happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home