Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Meme, me, me, me, me,...

Seems I've been tagged, by FunJoel's' count... 5 times, for the scribosphere "meme". (Anyone else think it sounds a bit like a singer warming their voice?) So, ever cordial, I am answering the call of the scribosphere...


ONE (1) earliest film-related memory:
I saw Little Big Man in the theater with my brother one afternoon. I don't know WHY my parents thought it was appropriate for little kids. One explanation might bet that they didn't really know what it was about and thought it would be an educational experience about Indians. It was an education as well as an experience, but not about Indians! There's so much sex and sexual innuendo in that flick!

TWO (2) favorite lines from movies:
"I hate women who apologize for wanting sex" Corky in "Bound"

"I'm not apologizing for wanting sex. I'm apologizing for what I didn't do. Violet's response...

THREE (3) jobs you'd do if you could not work in the "biz":
Novelist
Real Estate investor
World Traveler

FOUR (4) jobs you actually have held outside the industry:
I own a remodeling company.
I spent 4 years in the Army.
I sold copy services for a couple companies, including Xerox.
I've bought, remodeled, and sold houses.

THREE (3) book authors I like:
Patricia Highsmith
Margaret Atwood
Patricia Cornwell

TWO (2) movies you'd like to remake or properties you'd like to adapt:

Any of the Scarpetta series from Patricia Cornwell (adaptation)

Fast times at Ridgemont High (it would be interesting to see if it was different updated, or if some themes remain the same.)

ONE (1) screenwriter you think is underrated:
Compared to directors and actors, we're ALL underrated.

THREE (3) people I'm tagging to answer this meme
Chris (Big Woo), Konrad West and Writebrother

7 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Adam Renfro said...

Ah, another soldier! I thought so from your Love, Mom post.

5-year stint myself.

 
At 6:38 PM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Grubber said...

Yep, that was the start of my meme post as well. :)

Great minds! :)

cheers
Dave

 
At 7:38 PM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Grubber said...

Fasttimes at Ridgemount High....damn, that would be funny to see reworked. I wonder if it would work, would be an interesting exercise.

Being a young lad back then, the first question that springs to mind is who could you use to replace Pheobe Cates? :)

Second, who could replace Sean Penn? :)

cheers
Dave.

 
At 10:40 PM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

thanks for the tag, WG. i'll write mine up presently. good to hear you're LA-bound as well. i'm looking at somewhere around April to make my move. and my next script is a rom-com too. great minds really do think alike.

 
At 12:11 AM, January 13, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

Slack... how'd you wind up with 5 years? Sign up for 3 and re-up for 2? I signed up for 4, they BEGGED me to re-up, promising OCS, re-enlistment bonuses, anything they could think of... I declined.

Dave, see that's the thing, Sean and Pheobe weren't exactly household names at that point, they'd been seen but not by a lOT of people. Hell, Judge Reinhold was probably better known than Seam. His only "real" movie role at that point was as a background player in "Taps".

As for Pheobe... Jessica Alba comes to mind. *imagine HER coming out of that pool!* **insert evil grin here**

Chris, well I guess we'll be seeing each other in L. I'm planning a spring move too.

 
At 7:05 PM, January 13, 2006, Blogger Fun Joel said...

Fast Times is one of my ALL TIME fave movies. I PRAY it is never remade. But then again... Jessica Alba coming out of that pool... [drools quietly to himself] ;-)

 
At 9:20 PM, January 13, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

Frankly, I amazed that no one's inked a deal for this... yet.

Oh, and Jessica... oooooooh baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home