Thursday, December 15, 2005

Getting it out there...

Ya gotta love holiday parties. Especially when they allow you to "bump" into a VP for MTV (owner of LOGO... the newest queer cable channel, who is actively looking for content). To whom you can oh-so-casually mention that you're a semi finalist in the Writer's Arc competition, which, in turn prompts her to ask what it's about (Lesbians in todays Don't Ask, Don't tell Army) and then ask for your script! Not only that, I was given her email at MTV, and her home address. (She lives here, in Atlanta.)

(I know her well enough to say "Hi" to at various parties, events, etc... over the years, and we once went white water rafting with a whole buncha girls, but we are not "friends".)

I dropped my script off on her front door step yesterday.

Now there's something else for me to worry about besides the Writer's Arc fellowship....

You guys, how can you help? Well, you'll just have to assume the position...
Ready? one... two... CROSS EVERYTHING!

Thanks!

12 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Christina said...

That's great! Fingers and toes crossed for you in the competition and now this. I've been enjoying your experience vicariously.

 
At 12:18 AM, December 16, 2005, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Ok, I'm assuming the position. Is there a preference?

 
At 7:56 AM, December 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on you! Talent gets you so far, but you have to force your way in the door sometimes. Best of luck...

 
At 1:36 PM, December 16, 2005, Blogger Fun Joel said...

Best of luck, baby!

 
At 9:32 PM, December 16, 2005, Blogger Chris said...

VNN! (very nice networking)

 
At 6:09 AM, December 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent! here's hoping for the best for ya!

 
At 11:37 PM, December 17, 2005, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

Just a reply to your post on my blog. Were you being angry or sarcastic or just plain mean? I don't understand why.

Just because the whole Bobbit thing happened does that mean I ripped it off? I certainly did not.

It's just a fun script. The story actually came from a news story I heard about a revenge-seeking girlfriend who ties her guy up (he thought they were going to do it), hacked it off and flushed it, which is pretty much what happened here. then, as in the real story, the town goes on a hunt for it. It's wacky, and out there. So bobbit has dibbs on all penis/body part losing stories?

And it's played for laughs, and is silly. Are you angry? If so, why? No writer has ever taken a story from the news/real life and made a script out of it?

I read your excerpt and thought it was terrific actually, and posted my praise in your comments. So you go on and trash mine? It sure seemed that way. Why?

So much for supporting each other.

 
At 5:07 AM, December 18, 2005, Blogger Grubber said...

Jesus, if I cross one more thing, you're forking out for the chiro and masseuse! :)

Bloody hell, best of luck WG, sounds great!
cheers
Dave.
PS Merry Xmas!

 
At 1:03 PM, December 19, 2005, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Door step? As in house? And you didn't get arrested for stalking? Well done.

 
At 12:14 PM, December 26, 2005, Blogger writergurl said...

Patrick, I JUST NOW read your comment here about my coment on your blog. No, no, I wasn't mad or anything... just trying to tease you a little. Obviously it fell flat. Please accept my apologies! See.. this is WHY I've got an uphill climb for the romcom I wanna write next!

 
At 12:30 PM, December 26, 2005, Blogger writergurl said...

Thanks for all the nice comments and the support! I appreciate it!

 
At 12:00 AM, December 27, 2005, Blogger writergurl said...

Maryan, it's not stalking when they give you the address and are expecting the script!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home