Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Shot down in flames...

I just now (after 11pm!) got the call from the ladies who are running the competition. Unfortunately, I was not one of the ones selected for the Fellowship. The ladies were very nice and made a point of telling me that it was NOT my writing or my story ideas that eliminated me, it was that they didn't have the funds to select more Fellows. They had to have a certain number of men and women, and a certain number of genres, unfortunately, my strongest ideas was for a Romantic Comedy and they felt that they had all of those they needed.

They complimented me on the script that I had sent in to them, telling me that they grade on a scale of One to Four, with One being the highest score available. Ami Vitori said she gave me a One for the full length script that I submitted for Round Two. They told me that they felt "invested" in me and encouraged me to call (occasionally) if I needed their input or advice on things related to the film industry. They also invited me to drop into their offices the next time I'm in LA. (I plan to take them up on that.)

So, all in all, even though I am disappointed, I feel proud of my work and proud of how well I did with my very first script.

Thank you all for you support and well wishes as I went through this. Hopefully, the next competition I enter, I'll come out a little bit more on top.

Best of luck to my fellow bloggers!

6 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, December 20, 2005, Blogger Konrad West said...

It's still great that you got as far as you did, and got a 1 for your script. I'm sure you're not too far away from the big spec sale!

 
At 5:52 PM, December 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merely an anecdote you can share when you pick up your little gold statue someday.

Uncrossing fingers, reluctantly.

 
At 9:38 PM, December 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you were eliminated, but it sounds like you did a great job!

 
At 6:10 AM, December 21, 2005, Blogger Eric the Something said...

Sorry they didn't pick yours, I am sure that it rocked.

But I repsect the fact that you actually did one! I have been planning to write a book for many years now!

Keep writing, I'll keep reading!

 
At 8:20 PM, December 21, 2005, Blogger Grubber said...

Just popping in WG, very sorry to hear that, but that is some great feedback from the people involved.

Sounds like you have the goods they want, just gotta find another way. :)

Keep on keeping on!
cheers
Dave

 
At 12:32 PM, December 26, 2005, Blogger writergurl said...

Thanks for the support! I appreciate it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home