Monday, December 19, 2005

It's easy...

Seems that's the take my electrician has on screenwriting.

I'm in the midst of a bathroom remodel at the moment, which requires an electrician as there's some significant electrical changes being made. So, I called the guy who I've used for the past couple of jobs. (Hadn't seen him in about 6 months.) He had no clue that I had taken up screenwriting nor had he heard anything about my progress with the Writer's Arc competition. As we were catching up on our personal lives, I was telling him about it, this blog and that I had posted pages for all the world to see, if anyone were so inclined. He asked if I would show them to him, so I did. He's since told me that he believes he's capable of writing a screenplay. I wish him the best of luck. Lord knows, he's gonna need it. Not because he's not intelligent (he is) but because he's somehow decided that it's easy.

2 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, December 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone can WRITE a screenplay. Doing it properly, rewriting it, making it something someone gives a damn about, and dare I say, actually selling it...

 
At 11:42 PM, December 19, 2005, Blogger Patrick J. Rodio said...

I've seen this kind of thing before.

He'll do fine, for the first maybe 8-10 pages.

Funny story though, my friend (who had never written anything before) decides to write an edgy screenplay (all evil characters with no redeeming qualities, poor structure, FILLED with TYPOS, etc). Then enters it into Fade In for 2004 and whammo! He won.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home