Saturday, May 20, 2006

Stranger than fiction...

Posted as part of a thread on the TS message board the other day, this was so funny and so true to life, I had to share it with everybody...


I got a call from MCI today asking me to switch my service so I could have a lower bill. When I said I would only switch if I could get Qwest and that the phone companies are turning over their records to the government, he asked me where I got that information.

When I told him it's been all over the news, he asked me if I believed everything I hear on the news.

"You don't believe everything on the news, do you?"

No, but I do believe everything that phone salesmen tell me. They are like Gods to me, I tell you. Gods.

4 Comments:

At 3:03 AM, May 20, 2006, Blogger A. M. said...

"we offer you a lower bill"
"How do you know about my bill, huh? Who are you people checking out my phone bill? And why on earth would I have a lower one? My standards are high, I tell you, h-i-g-h. Not aiming for low, capice?"

 
At 3:48 PM, May 21, 2006, Blogger Scribe LA said...

Priceless. The telecommunications companies are ruling the world. It's unfortunate, seeing as how telecommunications should be seen like a normal utility. Don't get me started on the US Post Office, either!

By the way, did you ever get around to reading "Don't think of a elephant"?

Cheers.
I just launched my blog, if you wanna take a look -
Borderline Inappropriate
(www.scribela.blogspot.com)

 
At 5:36 AM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Adam Renfro said...

HAAAH! Not too purfect. I'm waiting for my call.

 
At 1:39 AM, May 24, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

I just LOVED that last line... "Like Gods to me."

Hehe!

AM, and LA.. thanks for checkig out my blog, I'll look into y'alls when I get a bit more time.

Slack, just do what Chris suggests... let us know how it goes!

Chris, I think THAT gimmick would only work with a guy saying the "whaddya wearing?" line. You know, if a girl were to say it to a phone sales guy, he'd probably forget all about his sales pitch...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home