Thursday, June 22, 2006

That ol' black magic....

So, this past Saturday night, I went to an old friend's birthday party... where I ran into a woman that I dated years ago. Here's how it came about...

J: Hey, have you seen C?

Me: C?

J: Yeah.

Me: Is she here? Did she drive up from Columbus?

J: No.

Me: Wait. Huh?

J: She moved back up here.

Me: She did!? When!?

J: Why'nt you ask her yourself? She's right over there...

Me: Huh?

Frankly folks, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I hadn't seen her in a good 10 years and I had no clue that she had moved back to Atlanta. But, there she was. A blast from the past... who's still a knockout. It sure didn't look like time had taken any toll on her. Maybe it's those green eyes, that still slim body or the quick kiss she gave me when we said good bye... whatever it was, she still looks "hot". I'm sure her current girlfriend would agree.

To keep this post tied to the screenwriting thing, I'll share a fond memory of "C" and I's dating history. One night she came over to my house for dinner and a movie (I had picked up "Tin Men" earlier that day.) We were still in the early stages of dating so it was inevitable that we would, at some point in the night, be making out... Before playing the movie, I asked her if she had seen the movie, she said she hadn't but wanted to and I told her that I loved Richard Dreyfuss and Danny Devito so we should really enjoy the movie. Ok, cut to about 45 minutes to an hour into the film, and recall the "inevitably making out" part... I had been kissing her neck on and off for a while when, for some reason, I asked her how she liked the movie. She responded with something that still puts a smile on my face.

C:(in a daze) "Movie? What movie?"

To this day, I've never seen "Tin Men". Not all of it anyways.

Ever wonder how you let THAT ONE get away?

7 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"C:(in a daze) 'Movie? What movie?"


(Da-dee-da-dee)

Writergurl...

(Da-dee-da-dee)

Su-a-ve'

 
At 2:01 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

Wha? You callin' me a playa or sumpin?

 
At 10:19 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Grubber said...

I missed that connection to screenwriting... :)

I didn't let that one get away...it was too easy....she had me in a headlock.
cheers
Dave

 
At 10:55 PM, June 23, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

Dave: Did the mention of lesbian kissing short circuit something?

"Tin Men" = movie = script = screenwriting. Got it?

As for letting someone get away, I didn't ask if THE ONE got away, I was merely doing some reuful ruminating about THAT ONE. I hung on the THE ONE, until I couldn't hang on any longer and them hung on some more... got it?

;)

 
At 5:07 PM, June 24, 2006, Blogger Lucy V said...

THE ONE with me also grabbed me in a head lock and got me pregnant to ensure i didn't run away. believe me, i tried. damn him.

 
At 4:15 AM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Grubber said...

You have to be understanding of hopeless middle aged men ;) we are a sorry lot ;)

Lucy, next time, grab and twist! Always works :)
cheers
Dave

 
At 6:03 PM, June 28, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

Lucy, well, you DID have the baby...

;)

Dave... don't worry, I get distracted with women kissing, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home