Thursday, July 20, 2006

Feels like 103....

degrees that is...

It's CRAZY hot here in the Southeast and I'm about to roast to death working on this house...

Things that have already been done...

All of the demolition has been taken care of, the nasty carpet (that no one EVER vaccumed) has gone bye-bye, just like the kitchen cabinets and that horrid flooring have, along with the 1970's style (tacky ass) wrought iron columns the were "supporting" the carport.

The ugly black gloss paint on the trim of the house has been covered in a nice crisp white (a coat of Kilz and 3.. yes 3 coats of paint later), I have created columns for the carport, leveled the kitchen floor, installed slate (yes, SLATE) and put together all the kitchen cabinets for installation (tomorrow). We've bought stainless steel appliances (Craigslist... gotta love getting a whale of a deal on the stove and sink, faucet,refrig and dishwasher!), and I'm going to make a granite tiled counter top. So, by Monday, the entire kitchen will be done... Oh, and I got the coolest lighting... halogens on wires!

They look like this:













The cabinets look like this:


















The slate looks like this:

8 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, July 22, 2006, Blogger Lucy V said...

Damn girl that's some mighty fine slate. I'm well into DIY and general house movey-doing-up-type stuff and selling at a profit...Just bought my first ever place myself! Move in in 2 weeks. Wahey!

 
At 9:37 PM, July 22, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

Congrats on the new place, Lucy!

Now, get to work! Undoubtly, you've got lots to do!

;)

 
At 3:36 AM, July 23, 2006, Blogger Lucy V said...

Yep packing boxes, boo.

So tell me WG, you still talking to me?? Tho you did TRICK ME over on Write Here, naughty girl.

For the record, I LIKE your descriptions. But as I've mentioned on my blog, I feel for various reasons, that for writers to have their best chance at whatever they do, they should avoid adverbs in particular and also their characters staring at stuff.

Another fine example of differing personal tastes? Or is it WAR between the writer and the reader, the US and the UK? Let me know! ; )

 
At 3:41 AM, July 23, 2006, Blogger Lucy V said...

BTW, that was my half-assed attempt to say SORRY if I offended you, it certainly wasn't meant as such...

 
At 1:02 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger writergurl said...

Lucy, oh, please, it takes more than a simple difference in writing style to make me pissed. Discrimiation? Bigotry? Being cruel to people? Yep, gets me pissed every time. Writing styles? Pffft.

*kisses*

 
At 2:13 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger Lucy V said...

I'm loving those kisses WG, can feel 'em even over the pacific, MWAH! Straight back atcha.

Told ya, yin and yang baby. Yeah.

 
At 9:25 AM, August 10, 2006, Blogger The Film Diva said...

All that DIY talk got me motivated! I'm going to put something together right now!!

 
At 8:00 AM, August 18, 2006, Blogger Trouble said...

That's really funny because I've been doing the same, exact things to my kitchen: slate backsplash, slate-like tile floor, halogen lights. Now I want the stainless appliances, lol. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home